Shorts Group are always on the lookout for enthusiastic and hard working individuals to join the team. With a diverse range of roles across the business, we are looking for candidates with a variety of skills and experience.
If you would like to apply for any of the jobs listed below, please send your CV and a covering letter to HR@shorts-agricultural.co.uk quoting the job reference and job title you are applying for.
Agency submissions are by invitation only.
- Assist with preparations for day ahead.
- General labouring and support on construction site.
- Conduct checks & operate machines (Dumpers/forklift) (if assigned).
- Keeping supervisors updated with task progress and issues etc .
- General site cleaning and cleaning of roads outside of site when needed.
- Reclaim all materials as instructed where possible from site, and assist with preparing materials/load in advance of next day.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications/requirements include: Driving License, knowledge of relevant construction/health and safety policies and procedures. Dumper & Telehandler ticket beneficial.
- Possesses can do attitude.
- Good communication skills within team and with customers, contractors etc.
- Work effectively in teams and be able to work co-operatively. Be open to learning opportunities.
- Physically able to perform manual demolition tasks.
- Open to change and adaptable.
Administrator and Weighbridge support role for Earthworks Transfer site. Processing tickets onto company Weighsoft system. This role may be for fixed term basis. No experience necessary as full training will be provided. 7.00am to 16.30am.
We are seeking to appoint an External Works Operative with proven experience to work within our Earthworks team dealing with both commercial and domestic clients.
You will possess strong technical skills, a high degree of personal responsibility and will be expected to competently undertake ground works, commercial hard landscape, fencing, brick, block construction, fencing and carpentry.
- Setting out of the site using precision and accuracy.
- Use of laser level for setting out, height measurements etc.
- Installation of brick paving, natural stone paving and block paving.
- Installation of linear fencing, and screens.
- Installation of carpentry and timber.
- Installation of block and brickwork.
- Concreting and screeding.
- Installation of timber work /carpentry /fencing.
- Machine use – 360 excavators – Dumpers – Telehandlers.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in commercial, construction operations.
- To be self-motivated, organised and pro-active.
- Good communication skills within the team and customers, contractors.
- Ability to work on own initiative, efficiently in teams and be able to work co-operatively.
- The ability to adhere to strict health & safety procedures
- The ability to adhere to company rules and procedures regarding tools, equipment and machinery.
- A sound knowledge in all aspects of the landscaping /construction industry.
- Liaise with the client when required.
- Ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with the specification /contract drawing, briefs from Managers and clients.
- Have experience in all aspects of external works, commercial hard landscape, drainage, groundworks and construction of roadways.